LOA: 40 ft 5 in • Beam: 13 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 10 in • Displacement: 18000 lbs
Boat Name: “Sarsaparilla”
Cruising Speed Range: 10 to 17 knots
Maximum Speeds: 23-24 knots
“Sarsaparilla” is an Ellis 36 Extended Cabin Express Cruiser. The added space in the cabin provides you with a table (that converts to a second berth). Your whole “extended family” will find a place to hang out on this “extended boat”. Plus, if you intend to use the boat for more than just day-trips, it is VERY well-equipped for overnighting.
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT and SYSTEMS
• Single 2002 Yanmar Diesel, 420 hp, with 2200 hours • 2.5:1 ZF Marine gear turning a stainless shaft with five blade bronze propeller • Evolution drive system • Hydraulic Steering with Stainless Rudder • 2 Fuel Tanks: (210 Gallons total) with Racor Fuel Filter system • Sidepower Bow thruster • Lewmar Electric Windlass w/bow & helm controls • Espar diesel heating system • Cruisair air conditioning system
ELECTRONICS, NAVIGATION, 12 VOLT DC, and 110 VOLT AC SYSTEMS
• Raymarine C-140 color screen • Radar/chart plotter/FF • Simrad Autopilot • B&G Quad data display • Icom M-506 VHF • Westerbeke Generator • Heart Interface Inverter-Charger • 115 Volt AC system • 30-amp shore power system • AC circuit breaker panels and fuses for all components • DC lighting throughout vessel • DC circuit breaker panels and fuses for all components • Stereo system with speakers in shelter and cabin
HARDWARE and EQUIPMENT
• Tender on davits with Yamaha outboard on a rotating bracket • 35lb. CQR Plow anchor with chain lead and rode • Propane tanks and Propane Grill • Stainless bow rail • Stainless handrails on hard top and cabin top • Ellis Cantilevered Helm and Nav seats (for versatile shelter seating) • Lewmar portlights • Widescreen TV in Cabin • Fender and lines • Bomar Hatches on trunk cabin and hardtop • Cleats, Bow bit, Fender eyes • Powder-coated Windows • Spotlight
• All bronze gate valves and seacocks – labeled • 100 Gallons Fresh Water (2 tanks, 50 gals each) • Hot water heater • Salt & fresh water wash down (through selector valve) to bow and cockpit faucets • 2 Rule 800gpm bilge pumps with float switches
• Stainless Steel double basin sink • Pressurized hot & cold fresh water • Sharp Carousel convection microwave • Princess 3 burner stove (propane) w/oven • Trident Gas Control Panel • Propane fume detector • Nova Cool 110/12V refrigerator • Ample storage in drawers, lockers, dry storage space, and sliders • Custom Ellis racks for plates, bowls, glasses, canisters, mugs • 1 standard AC outlet • 1 GFI AC outlet
• 36 Gal Holding Tank • Groco Model KH manual flush head w/deck pump out & macerator discharge • Round stainless steel single basin sink • Pressurized hot & cold fresh water • Wall mounted/handheld shower • Shower curtain & track • Teak framed mirror • Teak hand towel holder • Stainless bar towel racks • Louvered Espar heating vent • Ample storage under sink & behind slider • Overhead solar fan/vent • One Lewmar opening port w/curtain • 1 GFI AC outlet
ACCOMMODATIONS (as seen in photos)
CABIN • V-berth forward with marine cushions & Sunbrella fabric, with lighting and widescreen TV • Settee for 4 people with marine cushions & Sunbrella fabric • Solid teak adjustable Ellis table in cabin (converts to additional sleeping) • Full Galley • Head with Shower • Leather-grained headliner with teak trim • Solid teak floors with two insulated Ellis Hatches • Large hanging locker, cedar lined
SHELTER • L-shaped Settee converts to additional sleeping • Ellis Cantilevered Helm and Nav seats (for versatile seating) • Double fold-out table to stbd behind helm • Helm and Nav stations with adjustable footrests • Cypress sheathing headliner with teak trim
COCKPIT & AFT • Teak Stern Seats • Storage in floor hatches and side lockers • Boarding Steps • Swim platform
HULL: Female molded, in-mold gel coat layer (since construction has been re-painted with Awlgrip) with hand laid E glass/vinyl ester resin outer skin, vacuum bagged core, hand laid E glass/ polyester resin inner skin. Core omitted in areas of hull penetration, and along centerline where extra layers of solid glass are applied. Four compression resistant longitudinal glass over wood stringers glassed directly to the hull. Gussets, the platform supports, bulkheads and structural risers glassed to hull and stringers. The main bulkhead of composite panel glassed directly to the hull. Floor and floor framing structure glassed to stringers, hull, and bulkheads for super rigid assembly. Has since been repainted with Awlgrip.
DECK/TOP: Female molded, in-mold gel coat layer (since construction has been re-painted with Awlgrip) with hand laid E glass/vinyl ester resin outer skin, vacuum bagged core, hand laid E glass/polyester resin inner skin. Lay-up extends to include area above windshields and side windows with integral glass coamings around cockpit area. Has since been repainted with Awlgrip and Windows have new gaskets and have been re-powder-coated.
FLOORS/BULKHEADS: Floors are fiberglass with applied gel coat and nonskid. Underfloor accessibility provided by fiberglass access hatches with applied gel coat and nonskid. Cockpit and hatch coamings have scupper drainage aft. All bulkheads are composite panels, interior bulkheads have smooth gel coat finish.