2004 Ellis 36’ Express Cruiser
LOA 40’ 2” LWL 33’11” BEAM 13’ 2” DRAFT 3’ 10”
Displacement: Approx. 14000 lbs.
Fuel: 210 Gal Water: 100 Gal.
440 Yanmar with Evolution Drive Shaft System, amazing access to engine and all systems. New sound insulation. Heat, Air Conditioning, Generator, Teak Transom w/door to teak swim platform. Full galley with oven, double sink, fridge, drop in freezer, microwave, custom container/dishware storage and insulated floor storage built in solid teak cabin floor. Head includes separate shower. V-berth forward. Additional sleeping for two or dining for 8 with the Ellis 36 Express Cruiser versatility (shown here in another Ellis 36). Also shown below is the amazing access to the engine compartment (again, another boat, but the same as “Syarda”).
1. Hull: Female molded, in mold gelcoat layer with hand laid E glass/vinylester resin outer skin, vacuum bagged core, hand laid E glass/ polyester resin inner skin. Core omitted in areas of hull penetration, and along centerline where extra layers of solid glass are applied. Four compression resistant longitudinal glass over wood stringers glassed directly to hull. Gussets, platform supports, bulkheads and structural risers glassed to hull and stringers. Main bulkhead of composite panel glassed directly to hull. Floor and floor framing structure glassed to stringers, hull and bulkheads for super rigid assembly.
2. Deck/Top: Female molded, in mold gelcoat layer with hand laid E glass/vinylester resin outer skin, vacuum bagged core, hand laid E glass/polyester resin inner skin. Lay-up extends to include area above windshields and side windows with integral glass coamings around cockpit area.
3. Floors/Bulkheads: Floors are fiberglass with applied gelcoat and nonskid. Under floor accessibility provided by fiberglass access hatches with applied gelcoat and nonskid. Cockpit and hatch coamings have scupper drainage aft. All bulkheads are composite panels, interior bulkheads have smooth gelcoat finish.
4. Propulsion: Single 440 hp Yanmar Model 6LY2-STE diesel engine (with approx. 3300 hours) and a 2.5:1 ZF Model 280 marine gear turning a 2” stainless steel shaft with a five blade bronze propeller. Cooling provided by raw water through Groco strainer to fresh water heat exchanger. Exhaust cooled through specially fabricated water lift muffler and fiberglass exhaust tube with exit at outboard edge of transom. Air intake through grills located in cockpit and/or cabin sides. Two lever control for throttle and shift operation. 4 hp Side-Power 7.3” bow thruster with helm station controls.
5. Steering: All stainless steel rudder w/ 1 1/2” stainless steel shaft mounted below on bronze skeg bearing and above by bronze packing box bearing. Bronze tiller arm connected to a Wagner hydraulic steering system and operated by 24” stainless steel destroyer wheel.
6. Fuel System: Port and starboard aluminum 105 gal tanks, mounted just aft of engine.
System utilizes USCG Approved fuel hose and includes a Racor 900FG2 fuel filter/separator.
7. DC: 12volts provided from engine alternator and system batteries, 12-volt outlets installed at convenient locations. 12-volt equipment wired directly from system. DC lighting provided throughout. Protection provided by DC circuit breaker panels and appropriate fuses for all components. Navigation lights to meet USCG requirements.
8. AC: 115 volt AC provided by 30-amp shore power system, including a Guest 2520-C 20 amp battery charger. Receptacles installed at convenient locations. 115-volt equipment wired directly to system. Protection provided by AC circuit breaker panels and appropriate fuses for all components.
9. Electronics & Navigation: Lighted Ritchie Model DNB-200 binnacle compass, VHF marine radio, Fathometer and Speedometer (Fathometer and Speedometer combined in Brooks and Gatehouse QUAD).
10. Shelter: Molded composite console/sidearm assemblies with teak top and trim. Helm uses flush mounted dash top instrument clusters and controls with vertical surface mounted stainless steel destroyer type wheel. Navigation station uses teak-topped opening storage locker with large dash area available for opening charts. Port and Starboard Ellis side mounted power seats with convertible forward or rear facing seat backs and adjustable foot rests. Folding side mounted teak dinette tables Port and Starboard aft of power seats. Center mounted companionway with double teak doors and folding removable teak companionway cover. Finish is semi-gloss panels with teak trim.
11. Forward Cabin: Access provided by teak framed companionway with teak stairway to lower level. Area uses a leather grained headliner with teak accent strips. Large V-berths with fitted cushions and storage below. Large cedar-lined hanging locker with louvered teak door. Cypress sheathing on hull sides over berths. Chain locker accessed thru forward bulkhead. Finish is semi-gloss panels with teak trim.
12. Galley: Stainless steel double sink, with pressurized hot and cold water, AC/DC Nova Cool Model 3800, 3.5 cu. ft. refrigerator, 3-burner electric stove and oven, louvered positive latching teak doors, and teak drawers. Above counter storage cabinet with sliding doors. Two stainless steel tanks providing 100 gal of water plus one stainless steel 12 gal water heater heated by engine water and/or 115 volt shore power.
13. Head: Groco Model KH manual flush head with 25 gal holding tank includes deck pump out and macerator discharge. Seawater intake provided by through hull ball valve type seacock. Single bowl stainless steel sink with pressurized hot and cold water. Separate shower stall with bifolding door, hand held showerhead with wall bracket, and convenient seat. Shower drains to closed sump which pumps waste water overboard.
14. Hull: All through hulls are bronze or chromed bronze. All through hull fasteners are bronze or stainless steel . All water carrying below waterline through hulls equipped with bolted bronze and stainless steel seacocks. All through hull points are sealed with marine urethane sealant. Gunwale guards and toe rails of black high impact PVC bedded and screwed to hull and deck at sides and transom. Spray rails and quarter guards in hull color finish of high impact PVC through bolted to hull. Stem and Gunwale guards protected with 1″ stainless steel half oval strips. Toe rails, spray rails and quarter guards protected with 3/4″ stainless steel strips. Swim platform is molded fiberglass with applied gelcoat and nonskid mounted on stainless steel brackets through bolted to transom. Self-storing coated aluminum ladder mounted under platform for uncluttered appearance. Single boot stripe in complimentary color. Anti fouling bottom paint.
15. Deck/Top: Four 10″ chromed bronze cleats, one 6″ X 6″ chromed bronze bow bit, one pair chromed bronze bow chocks, one chromed bronze flagpole holder with ferruled teak flag pole and American flag, two stainless steel fender eyes, a stainless steel bow rail and stainless steel hand rails. Convertible top constructed of 100% acrylic with side curtains and backdrop. Top is supported by 1” stainless steel tubing bows. Specially fabricated heavy aluminum framed windows powder coated in matching color with safety glass lights. Windshields are opening with washers and wipers. Trunk cabin has four aluminum framed opening port lights w/screens on each side and three Bomar hatches on top.
16. Cockpit: Port and starboard full length storage lockers with sliding doors. Two teak stern seats with fitted cushions and stowage shelves below.
17. Anchor: Mounted in pulpit on stainless steel anchor roller and striker plate. A Lewmar Windlass provides entry to rope locker for attached 150 ft 5/16” chain and 150 ft 5/8” rode.
18. Wash down System: High pressure pump supplies raw water to bow and cockpit faucets.
19. Bilge pumps: Two pumps, automatically controlled by float switches. One located forward of the main bulkhead, one located in the engine compartment, just aft of the engine.
ALSO INCLUDED ON THIS ELLIS 36
Traditional Style Hardtop (w/canvas enclosure)
Solid teak cabin floor w/insulated floor lockers
Teak guards, rails, and side-stripe
Cruisair Air Conditioning
Master Volt Inverter
Fisher Panda Genset 8KW
Evolution Quiet Drive Shaft
Electric Stovetop (3 burner w/o oven)
Two (2) Bomar hatches in hardtop
Spotlight on pulpit w/controls at HELM and NAV stations
Northstar 6000i Chartplotter
Privacy curtains for canvas enclosure
Insulated pot locker/freezer
Teak on swim platform
Teak transom with stainless steel corners
Varnished exterior, cabin and shelter
Two (2) solar vents (1 in head/1 in galley)
Teak boarding stairs
Stainless steel anchor
Bluetooth Stereo with 4 speakers in and out
Shelf above v-berth
Wood wheel from Epifanes North America, Inc.
Specifications may vary. Information believed to be correct, but not guaranteed. Listings are subject to prior sale, price changes or withdrawal.